‘Florida Million’ Poker Tournament Satellites Underway

The 'Florida Million' satellite tournaments have begun and an estimated prize pool of $1 million is the goal.

Six poker rooms across Florida have joined forces to create a texas hold’em poker tournament with the largest prize pool in state history. The ‘Florida Million,’ as it’s called, is a $500 + $50 buy-in tournament with a $500,000 guaranteed prize pool, and an estimated prize pool of over $1 million.

Texas hold’em poker has become such a phenomenon in Florida that a player can now attend dozens of tournaments a month at any of over twenty-five poker rooms across the state. So it was a no brainer for Jeff Gamber, Directory of Card Room Operations for Derby Lane in St. Petersburg, to get as many poker rooms as he could to join together in an effort to create one massive Florida poker tournament.

The six poker rooms that got on board for the tournament – Naples-Ft. Myers Greyhound, Daytona Beach Kennel Club, Palm Beach Kennel Club, Jacksonville Greyhound, Mardi Gras Casino, and Derby Lane – are located all across the state so players all across Florida will be represented; however, players from outside the state are allowed to enter and rumor has it that a few poker pros will attend.

The six locations will be holding satellite tournaments throughout the months of February and March. Winners of the satellite tournaments will gain entrance to ‘Day One’ events at one of the six sponsor locations.

Each ‘Day One’ event will have a max 150 players. Fourteen ‘Day One’ events are already planned and a few more are expected to be added.

‘Day One’ events will go until 90% of the field has been knocked out. The remaining 10% from each ‘Day One’ event will resume play at the host location, Derby Lane, on April 10th.

The final prize pool total will not be released until after the last ‘Day One’ event in March, but Mardi Gras Director of Poker Promotions, Wil Herrera, hopes the tournament will reach its estimate. “Total participants (for the event) are estimated at approximately 2000,” Herrera said. “People are talking about it, (it’s) a first of its kind (event) in Florida.”

Herrera said the tournament has already gained so much buzz that they plan on running two ‘Florida Million’ tournaments per year.

This year’s main event will be hosted by Derby Lane, but the host location for every following ‘Florida Million’ tournament will rotate amongst the six participating venues.

—————————————————————————————————-

To find dates and times of satellite tournaments for the ‘Florida Million’ at any of the six participating locations players can use the Casino Pulse Poker Tournament Tool.

Specific tournament schedules for participating locations can be found using the Casino Pulse Derby Lane Tournament Schedule tool, the Mardi Gras Tournament tool, the Naples-Ft. Myers Greyhound Tournament Schedule tool, the Daytona Beach Kennel Club Tournament Schedule tool, the Palm Beach Kennel Club Tournament Schedule tool, or the Orange Park and St. John’s Tournament Schedule tool. Reminders can be set for any tournament via email, popup, or SMS.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!